10 almonds approximately 60 calories.
Almonds are excellent source of biotin , vitamin E, manganese and copper. Almonds also contain magnesium, vitamin B2 and phosphorus. Per ounce, almonds contain about 11 grams of fat, which 7 of them is monounsaturated fat.
- Lower LDL-Cholesterol
- Prevent Heart Disease and Heart Attacks
- Control Blood Sugar Levels and Prevent Diabetes
- High antioxidant content
- Support Healthy Brain Function
- Maintain Skin Health
PREVENTION OF GALLSTONES
A study with more than 80’000 women proved that a consumption of 140 grams of almonds per week had a significantly lower risk of cholecystectomy in relation with the women who consume less or none. The study concluded that a frequent nut consumption is associated with a reduced risk of cholecystectomy.
IDEAS TO INCLUDE ALMONDS IN YOUR DIET PLAN:
- Add some almonds and fruit in yoghurt for a great snack
- Add almond butter to a slice of bread
- Add some almonds in your salad.
Nutritional Analysis by Polyvios Nikolaou Dietitian – Nutritionist.
Tsai, C.J, Leitzmann, M.F, Hu, F.B, Willett, W.C, Giovannucci, E.L. (2004). Frequent nut consumption and decreased risk of cholecystectomy in women. American journal of clinical nutrition. 80(1):76-81.