Pomegranate – 1 cup contain 144 calories.
Pomegranate – It is a good source of fibre, it contains vitamins A, C and E, iron and many other antioxidants.
After many studies, pomegranate is proved that has many therapeutic effects. Pomegranate can:
- Inhibit abnormal platelet aggregation that could cause heart attacks, strokes and embolic disease.
- Pomegranate extract have the ability to slow down cancer cell reproduction and even induce cell death in cancer cells.
- Help to reduce inflammation in patients who suffer from arthritis.
- Also improve memory in patients after a surgery.
- Lower cholesterol and other cardiac risk factors
- Lower blood pressure
- Be beneficial against depression
- Help people suffering from osteoporosis.
Nutrition analysis by Polyvios Nikolaou Dietititian-Nutritionist BSc.